Looking at how routine outcome measurement informs commissioning for children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing across different stages of the commissioning cycle. The course explores issues and approaches associated with developing outcome and measurement frameworks, setting realistic targets and making meaningful use of limited, partial or flawed data.
The course will cover
- The role of outcome measures in evidence-informed practice and throughout the commissioning cycle
- Types of outcome measure: identifying the measure that is appropriate for your context and purpose
- The research evidence around children and young people’s mental health outcome measurement to date: discussion around informed expectations of service performance
- Approaches to outcome measurement: developing an outcome and measurement framework
- The role of outcome data in contracting and performance management
- Addressing challenges associated with outcome data in children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing: working collaboratively to make meaningful
Who is this course suitable for?
The course is suitable for all those who commission or manage services that support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing, and who would like to understand more about how to measure outcomes and work with outcome data in these settings to best inform commissioning activity.
Aims of the course?
The learning objectives of the course are:
- Delegates will be able to understand the benefits of using outcome and feedback measures at each stage of the commissioning cycle
Understand different types of outcome measure relevant to children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing, and their different applications
- Understand the issues and challenges associated with capturing and interpreting children and young people’s mental health outcome data, and be more confident about using messy, real-world data to meaningfully inform decision-making and service improvement
|Full members||Associate members||Non-members|
Related Training & Events
Understanding Outcome Measures to Improve Children and Young People's Mental Health and Wellbeing
This is a training designed for voluntary and community sector staff. The aim of this course is to support practitioners and managers working in (often non-clinical) children and young people’s mental…Read more