This is a training designed for voluntary and community sector staff. The aim of this course is to support practitioners and managers working in (often non-clinical) children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing settings to understand outcomes focused practice and why it is important for their organisation. Participants will understand the benefits of implementing an outcomes approach and how this could be developed at their organisation. Part of the session will cover practical aspects of choosing and using outcome and feedback measures. Participants will also be aware of the types of CORC support available and how to access this support.
The course will cover
- Demystifying outcomes, outcomes frameworks and outcome measures
- The importance of developing an outcomes framework and the associated benefits
- Types of data that are needed and why
- Introduction to choosing and using outcome measures
- Support to initiate robust action plans around implementing outcome and feedback measurement
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at practitioners and decision makers in VCSE organisations that deliver mental health and wellbeing services for children and young people. Practitioners and leads from all sectors who are looking to develop their understanding of outcomes and outcome measures are welcome.Aims of the course?
- Delegates will understand why an evidence based, outcomes focused approach is important for them and their organisation
- Delegates will understand outcome and feedback measurement
- Delegates will be able to identify how their organisation can develop its outcome focus
- Delegates will be aware of how CORC can support their organisation to develop, implement and evaluate their outcomes development
Please note that parking is limited.
|Full members||Associate members||Non-members|
Regional Improvement Support Officer
A skilled project manager with extensive experience of business transformation and improvement initiatives within multiple organisational settings ranging from grass roots voluntary to county wide commissioning partnerships. Previous roles have enabled the refining of interpersonal and communication skills to improve engagement with key stakeholders and partners throughout all stages of a project. Increased knowledge and understanding of outcomes measurement and evaluation tools and techniques, specifically within children and youth services, has been gained through more recent experiences. An excellent facilitator with strong influencing and negation methods, ensuring the best outputs and outcomes for any work.