CORC has over a decade of experience in measuring children and young people's mental health and wellbeing. We support education providers to understand the needs of their pupils and monitor the impact of the support they provide.
We can help you with:
- Understanding the big picture: measure strengths and difficulties across year groups using Wellbeing Measurement for Schools
- Evaluation and improvement: through bespoke support or CORC for School Membership
- Free resources and guidance for schools: helping you to plan your own approach
1. Wellbeing Measurement for Schools
CORC and the Evidence Based Practice Unit have developed this approach to enable individual schools to:
|1. Access an online Wellbeing Measurement Survey||2. Receive a Wellbeing Measurement Report||3. Be supported by our expert team|
Our survey consists of a set of validated measures assessing your pupils’:
Designed for Years 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
Analysing responses for your school:
Who is it for?
Wellbeing Measurement for Schools is currently for children in Years 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in mainstream schools. We intend to extend to colleges soon. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer it to Special Schools and PRUs at this time.
How much does it cost?
- £500 + VAT for any school (for one year-group and one report regardless of size).
- £300 + VAT for any school that is part of the Schools in Mind network. You can join this network free of charge here.
- Be an early adopter. Sign up for 2018-2019 now and we will guarantee this price for 3 years.
2. Bespoke support and CORC for Schools Membership
We offer tailored support to help schools (individually and as clusters) to measure and monitor wellbeing. This could help with:
- Identification and support
- Evaluation and improvement
Signing up for CORC for Schools membership gives schools access to free advice, tools and a programme of training and learning events. We can also offer support on a costed day-rate basis. Our day-rates are subsidised for CORC members.
3. Free resources and guidance for schools
|A brief overview booklet introducing wellbeing measurement in schools to get you started.|
|A detailed how-to guide on measuring wellbeing, including information about a range of validated mental health and wellbeing questionnaires and case studies.|
A comprehensive hub of information and downloadable measures.
Free training - A 30-minute training video for schools on how to measure wellbeing and evaluate interventions.
An interactive introduction - just 45 minutes and 7 easy steps to get you started, suitable for non-specialist and school staff who support the wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
|A free network for school staff and allied professionals which shares academic and clinical expertise about wellbeing and mental health issues that affect schools.|
|Find out about our work as one of the Learning Team for HeadStart, a major programme funded by Big Lottery, to trial initiatives for improving resilience in children and young people who may be facing challenges to their emotional wellbeing.|
An online database of measures, addressing social, psychological, emotional, concepts of self, and resilience domains.
Do you need help measuring wellbeing in your school?
If you have any queries, contact us:
Free interactive eLearning module aiming to increase the awareness, understanding and confidence of non-specialist school staff.
Find out more here